Difference between revisions of "Upgrade to 1.x.x"
Revision as of 16:40, 9 January 2015
NOTE: 1.0.0 is a, nearly, complete rewrite from previous versions of FOG. There may be issues when upgrading from past revisions of FOG so please backup you installation before upgrading!
Migration for 0.32 to version 1.x.x will cause you to loose the operation system information that was associated with your hosts. This information has been moved to the image item now, so you will need to update all your images to set the appropriate operating system! Please see the Migration Instructions section below for more information.
All commands are assumed to be run as root. If you don't have access to root, prepend the installation with sudo (ex.
sudo svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/freeghost/code/trunk /opt/fog_1.0.1
- Get the source or tarball.
- To get the Source from SVN
svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/freeghost/code/tags/1.0.1 /opt/fog_1.0.1
- To get tarball file.
Prepare for install
- Change to the downloaded source installation folder.
- Begin as if you're installing.
- Confirm you want to upgrade using the .fogsettings UNLESS YOU HAVE TO MAKE CHANGES
- Sign into the FOG GUI
- Go to the link you normally go to and you should notice the upgrade/install database screen.
- Click the submit button and it should move on to say, Click here to login, once complete.
- Sign in with your normal user and password.
- Operating System Information
- As the hostOS column has been moved to the images table rather than the hosts table, you need to specify the Operating system of the images currently on your system.
- To do so, login to the FOG GUI and navigate to the Image Management Page. Click on each of your images and set the OSID accordingly.
Change your DHCP Option 67
- Go to your DHCP server and change your Option 67 from pxelinux.0 to undionly.kpxe (or other iPXE file)
You should now have an UPGRADED FOG server that will be able to perform all the tasks we've all come to know and love.